We are currently seeking a Director of Business Development to join our growing team. Within this role you will build a portfolio of client engagements that focuses on Clinical Services. The role requires the creation of effective Sales and Account plans to maximize penetration at existing and target clients. The successful candidate will operate at a strategic level, but have a strong operational background in clinical to enable them to create value adding solutions and propositions that incorporate the latest industry trends and partnering models. There is a travel requirement with the role of up to 75%.
Reporting to Head of Navitas Clinical Research, you will:
- Attain and maintain in-depth knowledge of Navitas Clinical Research’s services
- Actively prospect and leverage potential new business opportunities within specified potential new and/or existing accounts
- Establish and execute a comprehensive sales plan for Clinical services.
- Operate as the partner of choice for our clients and grow the relationships to a high value-adding, strategic level
- Actively network in the industry to establish relationships and to identify potential opportunities.
- Aggressively pursue awareness of competitive activities, positioning and pricing. Drive the negotiation of deals
- Continuously monitor status of leads and opportunities to ensure a pipeline of opportunities is maintained.
- Analyze potential opportunities and develop sales strategies for each customer account.
- Utilize CRM software – Microsoft Dynamics
- Develop thorough sales strategies and action plans; evolve these plans to meet shifting customer needs and to present new Navitas Clinical Research offerings
- Effectively communicate verbally and through presentations, giving clear and compelling messages
- Assist other sales resources as required
- Develop granular plans that achieve annual & longer-term revenue and pipeline targets; clearly outlining all milestones, providing timely update on progress across each; frequently update the plan in line with any/all change in requirements
- Meet key performance indicators for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives
- Manage relationships during execution of contracts; engage frequently with senior (client and Navitas Clinical Research) stakeholders and delivery teams, quickly and competently resolve problems by tackling root causes, and take necessary steps to prevent future problems
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience in working with global operational teams and the global delivery model across time zones and geographies
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience
- Proven track record at developing mid-level and high-level sales accomplishment
- Strategic business awareness and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
- Ability to maintain aggressive timelines
- Experience with a high-performance business development team preferred
- Strong relationships with decision-makers in large and mid-sized pharma companies (e.g. Head of Drug Development, Head of R&D), proven track record of ability to elevate relationships to the CxO level
- Advanced studies in medical-related field a plus
- Relevant Clinical Research Outsourcing experience required
- Experience with utilizing collaboration tools (e.g. Teams) and other professional networks (e.g. LinkedIn) to generate leads, close deals and grow relationships with clients