We are currently seeking a Principal SAS Programmer to join our growing team. Within this role you will:
- Lead and execute programming deliverables on one high-complexity programming project or at least two moderate complexity studies.
- Lead and manage the assigned programming team’s deliverables at the study and program level to ensure project objectives are met within the agreed timelines and to the highest standard of quality.
- Create and Validate Safety and Efficacy Analysis Datasets in adherence with CDISC and client specific standards and maintain quality and accuracy.
- Create Study specific or general macros and finalize programming specifications/mock-ups.
- Adhere to programming specifications and study specific requirements, including completion and filing of required documentation.
- Plan and organize workload to ensure effective time management and adherence to project specific timelines.
- Trouble-shoot and resolve programming issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills, attention to detail, verbal and written communications skills.
- Proactively communicate and work effectively with the biostatistics team including remote teams and with senior programming, management and sponsor personnel to achieve study goals.
- Demonstrate a constructive and flexible approach to project delivery, including problem solving, handling changing priorities and meeting study timelines.
- Strong knowledge of the development, debug and use of standard programs and macros.
- Plan, organize and prioritize workload to ensure effective time management and adherence to project specific timelines.
- Actively participate and contribute towards department initiatives, including sharing of knowledge, current literature reviews and process improvement.
- Participate in the review and approval of programming procedures and techniques. Participate in audit meetings with sponsors, as required.
- Develop and foster client relationships through effective project management and communication.
- Keep management informed of project status in relation to quality, timelines and/or performance issues.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience in SAS
- Subject matter expert for SDTM and ADaM datasets
- Strong People Management skills