AE1 is used to generate adverse event or other frequency tables displaying frequency and percent of a column group (typically treatment group). Reporting options include:
- Summarization by one to three row variables
- One or more By variables are supported
- Flexible options for collapsed summary (‘Total’) rows
- Frequencies may be represented as incidence(one count per subject) or total number of records
- Flexible display of percentages and cells with frequency of 0
- Ordering of rows by frequency or data. When frequency order is specified a specific column can be assigned to control the ordering of rows.
- A minimum frequency for display of events may be specified, as a percentage or absolute count
- ‘Worst case’ summarization is supported to select the highest severity (or other category) of each event type.
Percentages are calculated as a fraction of the number of subjects in a column group. When by variables are used, percentages can be calculated as the fraction of the total number of subjects within a page or across all pages.
MED1 is a copy of the AE1 macro with defaults set for medication data; the functionality of the two macros is the same.