World Hypertension day is celebrated on May 17th, 2021, with the theme “Measure your blood pressure accurately, Control it, Live longer”. Hypertension is raised blood pressure that is characterized by higher force of blood pushing against the blood vessels. According to WHO, 1.13 Billion people have hypertension worldwide. This condition is known to increase the risk of heart diseases.
Cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) are the main cause of death globally. CVDs include a group of diseases that affect the heart and blood vessels, like cerebrovascular disease, coronary heart disease and other conditions. It has been estimated that 17.9 million people die each year from CVDs, which is 31% of all deaths worldwide.
There is a clear unmet need for developing effective therapies that aid the prevention and treatment of numerous cardiovascular diseases.
4 Vital Aspects to Running Efficient Cardiology Clinical Trials at Navitas Life Sciences
With over 30 years’ experience, Navitas Life Sciences supports efficient cardiology clinical trials that deliver successful outcomes.
1) Proficient Cardiology Expertise: The Cardiovascular clinical trial team of experts at Navitas Life Sciences are highly qualified and trained in scientific methodology, ever changing regulatory landscape, standard of care, and in effective clinical trial management. Such expertise to bring drugs and devices that help in preventing heart disease to the market sooner.
Our extensive cardiovascular clinical trial expertise, along with our proven track record of clinical trial success ensures the unique needs of each cardiovascular trial are addressed. Our highly personalized support has resulted in more than 90% customers re-engaging across service lines.
2) Vast experience in Clinical Trial Management: Navitas Life Sciences leverages expertise across clinical, regulatory, safety, and technology to deliver improved outcomes.
To run efficient cardiology clinical trials, we help our clients:
- Effectively design and conduct cardiovascular clinical studies on various drug products
- Efficiently conduct numerous cardiology clinical trials to determine safety and efficacy
- Support regulatory submissions
3) Efficient Virtual Clinical Trials:
COVID-19 pandemic mediated restrictions affected many clinical trials globally. Delay in clinical trials has been found to result in $600,000 to $8 million per day, with a further delay in getting lifesaving medicines to people in need.
Navitas Life Sciences has rapidly brought together vast resources, experience, and technological expertise to run effective virtual clinical trials. Regulatory bodies too have helped in ensuring the digitalization of clinical trials. The FDA provided guidance that permitted innovations and adaptations, that were found to be successful during pandemic mediated lockdowns, to be implemented beyond the pandemic.
COVID-19 may have changed the study investigator- participant relationship, forever, in multiple ways. There has been a concerted shift towards running virtual clinical trials, with remote monitoring and virtual trial participation actively practiced. Multiple remote monitoring practices have been carefully woven into clinical trial management to run efficient virtual clinical trials.
It has been shown that electronic data capture reduces pre-screening time by 41%, thereby increasing data accuracy, while reducing data collection time.
Virtual Clinical trials
4) Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Support: OneClinical®, our AI platform, provides study oversight using near real-time data insight. Such insights help to proactvely identify risks with effective utilization of resources. The OneClinical® dashboards can be accessed by sponsors and utilized for analyzing study timelines and tracking study progress.
Navitas Life Sciences has been investing in digital tools for many years, while many companies began utilizing artificial intelligence during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have been implementing multiple digital solutions, coupled with expertise in various therapeutic areas, and are adept at identifying critical areas in the clinical trial life cycle that require intelligent solutions.
Learn more about how Navitas Life Sciences can support cardiology clinical trials and ensure productive monitoring of clinical trials, with seamless flow of information and insights to propel beneficial collaborations.