Chief Medical Officers. Connect. Engage. Network.
Gain Best Practices and Key Insights from our exclusive network for Chief Medical Officers
What is cmonet?
- A unique peer-to-peer Network for Chief Medical Officers to discuss trends and insights, exchange innovative ideas, and offer best practices. The community is focussed on empowering CMOs to build a future proof Medical Governance Framework aligned to digital business transformation.
- The network convenes CMOs who are leaders or with leadership responsibility and was initiated in response to the emergent expectations of the CMO role from Regulators.
Who should join?
Senior leaders responsible for product value, medical value and patient safety including data and digital business transformation for driving patient centricity
- Chief Medical Officers
- Heads of Medical Affairs / Medical Operations
- Chief Digital Officers
- Enterprise Data & Digital Leaders
- Chief Health Officers
Chief Medical Officers global network gives exclusive access to:
- Peer to peer insight exchange (in person roundtable meeting in US and/or Europe)
- Strategies and best practices to align with latest trends and challenges
- Next generation medical governance model
Why join cmonet?
CMO Agenda - Strategic Insights to transform Medical Affairs function
Innovate evidence generation
Accelerate access to treatment
Transform medical engagement
Tactical insights that accelerate value capture for informed decision making
Holistic interventions to mitigate risk by assessing changing trends
Accelerating decision making using industry best practices
Get in touch
Latest insights and innovations in the Medical Governance space
- Evolving role of Chief Medical Officer
- Medical Governance Models (same objectives & principles amid range of models)
- The era of data democratization – result of digital transformation and data proliferation
- Digital innovation is top of mind
- Shift towards Patient Centricity
- Who to contact?
Evolving role of Chief Medical Officer
- Key player in establishing Medical Governance within an organization
- Role was traditionally created to strike the right balance between product risks and benefits, including response to the increased regulatory scrutiny and public perception of the industry
- Role and accountabilities are evolving – with a shift towards end-to-end patient value, an increased external focus, data analytics and proactive detection of patient risk, as well as integrating Digital and IT strategies
Medical Governance Models (same objectives & principles amid range of models)
- A range of Medical Governance models are possible, however, the primary objective across organizations remains consistent– the Voice of the Patient (VoP) is heard at the highest level. Differences in strategy, organization structure & operating model, however, common pillars:
- Digital & Data: Remains embryonic for most companies, a range of models emerging
- Safety: Benefit Risk communication to patients becomes digital
- Scientific Engagement: Virtual interactions with medical & scientific staff
- Patient Voice: Embed into decision making
The era of data democratization – result of digital transformation and data proliferation
- Spotlight on how to optimize and integrate RWE and patient-generated data for generating insights (source of competitive advantage)
- Focus on “Single” source of truth (internal cross-functional data) - conduct real-world evidence (RWE) analysis to improve patient safety and drive patient centricity – requires governance!
- Industrywide appetite to share anonymized data – how to accelerate? Cross-industry initiatives Accumulus and Hugo are paving the way.
- Governance of data remains critical - models are emerging with a range of approaches adopted. Data Science and Data are foundation for future success.
Digital innovation is top of mind
- Industry is investing in digital technology – convergence of science and technology
- COVID as an accelerator - remote trials leverage virtual platforms & advanced analytics – to radically transform clinical trial model (Decentralized Clinical Trials)
- COVID as a trigger for virtual collaboration with scientific stakeholders
- Integration of IT and Digital strategy to drive product value and medical value including patient safety
- Evidence on new governance roles; Chief digital office, Chief Safety Officer and Chief patient officer etc.
Shift towards Patient Centricity
- Designate external facing roles such as TA specific CMO or Medical Liaisons or Patient Officer
- Everyone” is accountable for the Patient and is “Patient” focused
- Engage or ask the Patient directly (social listening or healthcare apps)
- Develop deep understanding of patients’ needs
- Engage with Academics, Patient Advocacy groups, human rights organization and Medical Ethicists
- Transform operating model to address business model shift to “Product & Services”